In no particular order, here's why I hate packing for trips:
- Every suitcase in the house is broken -- a discovery made the night before;
- I'll forget something vital, such as an article of formal clothing (shoes), or the wrapped present, or my memory-aid medication (ironic, no?);
- While I'll forget something essential, I'll bring something that I don't need, such as an 8" kitchen knife (true story);
- Finding clothing that's both clean and that fits my seemingly randomized waist size is an existential challenge; and
- I hate packing work to bring along on weekend, family-focused trips, but I always do -- and then, of course, I never even look at the contents of my work bag until I'm back home again, unpacking it.